Joel's disappointment was forgotten two days later when we went over to the same friend's house to watch the big downtown firework show. Tom and Lauren live right next to the park the fireworks were being set off. We were able to go onto the rooftop deck to watch. We were 56 floors up!! When the show started we were surprised to see that we were eye level with it all. It was loud and fun. Our baby was loving it, she was kicking through the whole thing.
This is the view before the show started. Joel was worried to take the picture because he was afraid he was going to lose the camera over the edge.. even though he was ten feet away from it.
This is a part of the show! Good times.
The next day, which was actually the 4th we were at home ready to enjoy a movie night. We didn't get too far into the movie when it was interrupted by millions of fireworks. When we looked out the window all we could see were huge fireworks everywhere, all the way north and west. So we got a good show again! They started at about 9 and didn't end until Midnight. I guess there aren't as many restrictions here as there are in Utah. We couldn't get a good picture of it all. Sorry to disappoint. We ended the weekend off at the Taste of Chicago. This is a huge deal here. It's a big fair, but mostly it's about the food, hence the name. All kinds of restaurants come out for taste testing. You purchase tickets and go around buying food with these tickets. I felt like I was in elementary school again. The food was good and the crowd was huge. It was quite the experience. All in all, it was a good week. We missed being with family and doing tank battles, but it was fun to enjoy the things Chicago had to offer.

2 comments:
I don't really have anything to say. I just wanted to be the first to comment about the fireworks
Sounds like a lot of ooh's and ahhh's.
Your right about Utah. Fireworks suck out here.
We made it kind of exciting though when we almost blew Braydens face off with an illegal one.
Maybe I should have a blog so I could tell every the the story about how we almost blinded Brayden on the 4th of July.
Thanks for your updates
Jeremy
We made the blog! ... for ruining Joel's night at the Sox game :-( LOL. Love the blog, hope we can be featured for more fun things in the future ;-)
- Lauren & Tom
Post a Comment